Email Marketing Cheats for Your Business is a Guest Post by Eric Bullen
The art of communicating with your customers has evolved over the years, but despite the advent of social media and other forms of online interaction, the humble email remains the number one medium for communication between customers and businesses, 46 years after the very first email was sent in 1971 – Yes, 1971!
With 4 billion (and counting) email accounts around the world, smart marketers have developed strategies and tools to unlock the huge potential of email marketing. Automation, personalization, and testing are all key parts of any email marketing strategy. Utilizing each of these elements can lead your emails to directly generating revenue for your business.
- Personalization – The benefits of making your email personal, and how to do it.
- Trigger emails – What they are and what they can do for your business.
- Recovery – How you can win your customers back using email marketing.
- Mobile friendly – Why your business needs to ensure your emails are mobile friendly.
- Testing – Explaining the importance of testing your emails and how to set them up.
As you will discover, it’s not rocket science. Setting up a winning email marketing strategy doesn’t have to be over-complicated or expensive. Following these steps, you can make emails generate revenue for your business with an ROI of $44 for every $1 spent – no other communication tool can generate a return like this.
Monitor: Observe and analyze the open and click through rates, deliverability and revenue.
Relevance: Use the data to ensure you are sending the right content to the right audience.
Engage: Try to come up with interact with your market with CTAs in your email.
About the Author:
Erik is CEO of MageMail. He also mentors startups using programs such as MassChallenge and Techstars. He often geeks out and writes about innovation, ecommerce, emerging tech, leadership, and SaaS.